- This policy covers how SplashScore treats personal information that SplashScore collects and receives, including information related to a user’s past use of SplashScore products and services. Personal information includes information about you that is personally identifiable, such as name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
- SplashScore collects personal information when you add the SplashScore application on Facebook. When you register with SplashScore and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us [Apifia].
- When you update information on Facebook, the application stores a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable Splashscore to reset to the prior version of that information.
- You use SplashScore at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that User Content posted on the application will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the application. You understand and acknowledge that, even after the application has been removed, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
- SplashScore strives to provide notifications to users in a timely manner but is not responsible for lost or late notifications.
- SplashScore automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, SplashScore cookie information, and the page you request.
- SplashScore uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide reporting.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- SplashScore utilizes certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
- SplashScore does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- SplashScore displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. For example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- SplashScore does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- By providing SplashScore with access to your Facebook wall, you grant SplashScore permission retrieve all post related met data such as, but not limited to, post type, created date, updated date, post creator, permanent link, number of Likes and number of Comments, for the purpose of providing you with the SplashScore service.
- SplashScore does not download, save, or store your Facebook photos, videos or status messages. To access these posts, SplashScore provides links that direct you to Facebook where you can access the content directly.
- We recognize the sensitive nature of post related information and content and will maintain the same level of privacy and separation currently implemented by your Facebook account. SplashScore is limited to retrieve only content links and information that is accessible by you based on your Facebook permissions. SplashScore will never present to you or other users information or content you or other users do not already have access to on Facebook.
- Because SplashScore mirrors your Facebook permissions, only individuals that currently have the permissions to view your content on Facebook will have access to your content on SplashScore.
- SplashScore may occasionally send you service-related announcements through the general operation of the service. (i.e. If your score changes, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact)Generally, you may opt out of such emails by clicking the opt-out link in the footer of each email. SplashScore reserves the right to send you notice regarding your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
- You understand that except for advertising programs offered by us on SplashScore, SplashScore is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no User Content of any kind posted through your account or otherwise shared by you on or through SplashScore will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; be in violation of any law or used in furtherance of any such violation; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
- In addition, you agree not to use SplashScore to:
- In any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the SplashScore service;
- Post or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Post or otherwise make publicly available on SplashScore any private information of any third party, including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Post or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Post or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Use, or attempt to use, another’s account, service or system without authorization from SplashScore
- Create a false identity on SplashScore.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted by you;
- The materials on SplashScore are provided “as is”. SplashScore makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, SplashScore does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Intellectual Property (Trademarks & Copyrights)
- SplashScore, the SplashScore logo and the SplashScore design are trademarks or trade dress of SplashScore, and may not be used without expressed written permission from Apifia Inc., other than for attribution. All other trademarks not owned by SplashScore that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by SplashScore.
- SplashScore-originated content included on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, software and the compilation of all content on the Site, is the property of Apifia Inc., and its licensors and protected by United States and international copyright laws. Except as set out in these Terms, no reproduction of any SplashScore -originated content is permitted without written permission from Apifia Inc.
Children Under Age 13
- SplashScore does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use SplashScore or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on SplashScore. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
- Apifia recommends that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
- SplashScore may set and access SplashScore cookies on your computer.
- SplashScore lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to SplashScore’s cookies.
Confidentiality and Security
- Apifia limits access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Apifia has physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information we encrypt that information. Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services.
- Apifia will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com. Or in writing at:
47 Farquhar Road
Newtonville, MA 02460
Effective Date: July 1, 2011